Monday, September 14, 2009

Painting on tile

I had a few tiles lying in my house which I thought were of no use to me. But then one day I thought I could use them on my terrace after painting on them. But the problem was that I wash my plants on the terrace and so the painted tile may get spoiled. 

So I needed to do something which would have not got spoiled due to water as well as sunlight. Porcelaine paint was the answer to my solution.

The design was drawn first. The the glass colours outliner was used to do this outline. Pabeo porcelain paints were used in the end to paint in the picture. You need to work fast as these paints dry fast.

Now you have to wait for at least 24 hours before you bake the tile. The tile was baked now at 180 degrees centigrade for 35 minutes.But before opening the door of the oven, let it cool for at least an hour.

Now the tile needed to be framed, so for the garden, the best option was wrought iron, so the  wrought iron frame to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi da....

Ur works r so good.. pls do keep in touch also let me know ur updates to my mail id sweety_ezhil@yahoo.com